twinkling adj : shining intermittently with a sparkling light; "twinkling stars" [syn: twinkling(a)] n : a very short time (as the time it takes the eye blink or the heart to beat); "if I had the chance I'd do it in a flash" [syn: blink of an eye, flash, heartbeat, instant, jiffy, split second, trice, wink, New York minute]
- Sparkling intermittently.
- present participle of twinkle
Twinkle may refer to one of the following.
- Scintillation (astronomy), a phenomenon in the viewing [e.g. of stars]
- Winking or blinking an eye
- Twinkle (dance step), a dance step in some ballroom dances
- Twinkle (singer), a British pop singer in the 1960s.
- Twinkle (comic), a British comic (1968–1999).
- Twinkle Bajpai, a female contestant in Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge 2005 who managed to obtain 8th position
- Twinkle, a fictional blade used by Drizzt Do'Urden in the Forgotten Realms fantasy universe.
- Twinkling (hand signal), a hand signal used in the process of consensual decision making
- Twinkle Flashcards, a flashcard program for Palm OS handhelds
- Twinkle (software), Qt based VoIP soft phone for Linux
- TWINKLE, a hypothetical integer factorization device
- Twinkle, a pop song by Koda Kumi and Show Luo.
- Twinkle, one of the cousins from We Love Katamari and Me & My Katamari.
twinkling in Dutch: Twinkle
twinkling in Japanese: トゥインクル
blink, blinking, blinky, breath, coruscant, coruscating, coruscation, coup, crack, firefly, flash, glimmer, glimmering, glimmerous, glimmery, glisten, glistening, glister, glistering, glitter, glittering, glittery, glowworm, half a jiffy, half a mo, half a second, half a shake, instant, jiff, jiffy, microsecond, millisecond, minute, moment, scintilla, scintillant, scintillating, scintillation, scintillescent, sec, second, shake, shimmer, shimmering, shimmery, spangle, spangly, spark, sparkle, sparkling, split second, stroboscopic light, stroke, tick, tinsel, tinselly, trice, twink, twinkle, twinkly, twitch, two shakes, wink